Tuesday, July 14, 2015

swallowtails love larkspur



The swallowtails love larkspur and there's a ton of it. I didn't realize swallowtails have blue and red markings -- there is a way to distinguish male and female but when I looked it up, it hurt my brain to follow the directions. Whatever gender they are, they are very welcome.

The bouquet of fragrant sage can be added to bathwater, too. Week 20 of Journal52 is good advice -- the watercolor background is for Week 22, wings. The little box, origami butterflies and pretty papers are all from Daphne's Diary magazine, a splurge. Similar to FLOW magazine, maybe a little lighter in subject matter which is nice sometimes. And there's a good amount of paper/coloring pages/punchouts, etc. for future projects.

With the swallowtails visiting every day and the dark moon upon us, I've been dreaming and thinking about metamorphosis. How a caterpillar hardens into a chrysalis which in turn begins to produce imaginal cells. Imaginal cells are of a completely new and different vibration from the caterpillar and they reproduce until there are so many that they literally take over . . . and begin to grow into a butterfly. All the while, the caterpillar melts and liquifies to feed the new life.

I wonder if when people have meltdowns, there are imaginal cells being produced to create a future self that is strong and free. Gain from pain. I know I always feel so much better afterward.

I meant to pull up most of the larkspur last spring but never got around to it. So glad I didn't.

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhh those swallowtails ....beautiful !!!
    (you hardly ever see them here :-( ...)

    Lovely journal pages !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Peggy what a blessing to have them grace your garden!
    Beautiful pics : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, I love the larkspur too! I am sure the swallowtails are also glad you didn't pull it up. There's so much color to admire here, and your pictures are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the first pic...I was wondering if I saw blue on the butterfly or if it was the larkspur! Now I know :)
    I have really been enjoying the journal pages of yours Peggy.
    And this: "I wonder if when people have meltdowns, there are imaginal cells being produced to create a future self that is strong and free. Gain from pain. I know I always feel so much better afterward"...what a wonderful, insightful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lighten the dark of the moon time for me with visions of butterflies, and wonderful seascape with sea shells, and the notion that a meltdown is only the dissolution and recycling of essence. Blessings be upon you.

    ReplyDelete