Monday, April 27, 2015

flowers


I think it rained here for 24 hours straight over the weekend. Mostly softly but sometimes hard. Rain is my favorite form of inclement weather. And it's an opportunity to catch up on indoor things. I was going to mop the kitchen floor until I realized this would be the worst day ever to have clean floors with two dogs.

Rain-soaked pansies in a little vase. And my moon ritual cloth, pathways, with simple green stitches symbolizing the current moon cycle. I can't wait to have this on the coffee table to place objects onto -- might do that while I work on it. Week 14 of Journal52 is sweet treats. I could not get into this prompt for the longest time. Sweet treats or sweet anything were just off my radar until flowers came to mind. Honestly it still doesn't make sense to me but I do like the colors and I do love flowers.

Today is a waxing moonday in the sign of Virgo. That means it's a good time to carry out plans and projects already decided on -- we're very good on detail right now -- make time for rest, Virgo tends to overdo it.

To the magical teachings of flowers. What will we learn?

8 comments:

  1. gorgeous pansies...and i love the way that feather looks on your cloth. will you stitch a likeness of it in that spot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deanna -- I hadn't thought of stitching a feather on it but hmmmmm now you've got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flower with its stitched version peeking in from the corner. That feather is gorgeous. What kind is it? We had just a bit of rain, but then we got warm, dry high winds. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pathways stitching connects to slow deep breathing…I've been doing lots of straight line stitching lately, it's comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, thanks, I don't know about the feather -- could it be pheasant? I think it is. Glad you had some rain, it'll take the edge off, right? Good week to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy, right on about the breathing, that's what I've been thinking, too. Spaces in between each breath/stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Full flower moon tonight. Lovely page and pansies. I'm going to collect violets from the overgrown patch in the church garden and wish I could recall your recipes for violet this and thats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. found two or your violet posts and will look at them for recipes!

    ReplyDelete