Monday, December 8, 2014

moonday beeing


Today is a waning crescent moonday in Cancer. It's time for my monthly sewing ritual -- each month around the full moon, I begin assembling and stitching a tiny 4" mandala on home-dyed wool. This one is a beige moon on a black background dyed with garden mint and iron water. I didn't label the beige and now I've totally forgotten what plant produced its color. I'm sure I was sure I'd never forget.

The silk organza on the moon is also from the mint and iron water dye-bath. It may or may not be part of the finished moondala.

Even though I've been eyeing it lately, I couldn't bear to cut up the beautiful vintage table linen from Sandi M. quite yet -- monochromatic colors of cloth and stone with a touch of color are a very good vibe now. I'm trying to recreate this peaceful combination throughout the house wherever I can.

The moon's waning phase is always a good time to let go -- to relax and sink back into ourselves. I'm staying close to home, like our honeybees who only venture out when the temperature is above 43 degrees F.

Stitched a couple more lines on we are all here -- I love doing this. See you if the temperature gets above 43.


4 comments:

  1. the organza over the moon gives a beautiful affect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant combinations & gatherings. I love the organza crossing the moon…

    ReplyDelete
  3. I offer you this with love
    http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/different-ways-to-pray/

    ReplyDelete