Monday, December 15, 2014

glitter house moonday


Glitter houses were our Thanksgiving craft this year, I only just finished mine. I pretty much love anything to do with houses.

We used paper mache boxes in the shape of a house, some were pretty rough so that made it all the more interesting. There are six other sparkling, colorful, charming houses that my family made but the photos didn't come out well enough to do them justice.

Today is a waning moonday in the sign of Libra. Love, beauty, balance and fairness are all aspects of Libra. The Libra way is a pathway to finding (or simply noticing) those qualities.

Yuletime is a season that seems to ask a lot from us. Each year, my priorities get straightened out a little bit more. What was important last year might not be this year and expectations of myself get pared down too. But it's still a bit much. This list came by email this morning from Colette Baron-Reid and I think it's a good one.

 1. Be grateful
 2. Be thoughtful
 3. Be compassionate to yourself and others
 4. One is enough and if that isn't true for you, abstain altogether
 5. No is an excellent word, use it
 6. Being present with someone you love is the best present of all to give them
 7. Make a daily self-care plan and stick to it
 8. Stay connected to like-minded others
 9. Meditate meditate meditate and breathe breathe breathe
10. Never compare yourself
11. Manage your relationships -- you and Spirit, then you and you, and you and others
12. If you do all of the above, then you have this truth to look forward to -- miracles can and do                 happen

To the beauty way. xo

7 comments:

  1. looks like you are all ready for your holiday. enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love anything with houses, house quilt blocks being one of my favorite patterns. Yours turned out wonderful. Love the glitter too! Looking forward to your Nov. moon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive seen those little houses in Hobbycraft and hadn't imagined they could look so cute!
    Wishing you a peaceful and happy Christmas time Peggy : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little house, especially the fence and the little gnome! That is a fine list. Wish I'd read it before the second cookie (gift from a parent). OK, then tomorrow! Last several days I've been more naughty about self-care than I like. Off to sew a scarf gift...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deanna, I'm about as ready as it's probably going to get! Happy Solstice to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glittering homes and alters...and such good advice...I need to find my way back to the beauty way...i've been a little lost in darkness here, closing curtains and withdrawing in between bouts of high activity in the world.

    On the lip of the solstice let me inhale light and may my breath be light, and the light fill the spaces i pass through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your glitter house! I just got Ann Wood's ship patter and am going to give it a go over the next few days.

    And love the list too, so good and true. I'm working on the one is enough this year. :)

    ReplyDelete