Friday, September 20, 2013

dark & light



I'm nesting -- getting ready for change inside and out. I've rediscovered my crocheting, along with my spot on the couch.

I went to see a fiber/textile exhibit a few days ago, and couldn't leave without some bundles of hand-dyed cloth. Just unrolled my own moldy little bundle as well -- orache and silk -- definitely colorful, but it's still wet so it may not last.

I'm choosing dark and light cloth components for September's full moon cloth. It will have more of the dark to convey the seasonal changes we're experiencing now. I'm going to like working on this, I love shorter days and longer nights, so beckoning and mysterious. And there's always a sense of relief about now, too, isn't there?

Thanks for coming by and happy weekending -- I'll be getting ready for an Autumn Equinox celebration here tomorrow. xx


4 comments:

  1. :) Lovely Autumn thoughts heading your way. A bit cooler her, until the next upcoming warm-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy -- cooler here, too -- loving it. I've been thinking about you, hope you're feeling lots better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all these colors and texture! There is no doubt that nesting time as arrived around here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Deb. Yes, you're right, it's nesting time! ;)

    ReplyDelete