Monday, June 24, 2013

woad moonday


As instructed by people in the know, I cut down our woad, Isatis tinctoria, flower stalks before they formed seeds. Except for one that made a seed head so beautiful I almost can't believe it -- leaning downward with seeds the color of eggplant. I'll dance and rattle and shake it all around in a wild patch where it can do what it does.

The red lady received her first embroidered vine with more vines, leaves, and flowers in the works. The pattern is here. I've signed up for a mystery knit-along over at Craftsy so want to have some things completed to clear the slate. A bigger-than-normal moon is ready to be stitched on this month's full moon cloth. Traditionally, a June full moon is referred to as the strawberry moon, but I might call it the woad moon instead. Some of those seeds might just find themselves stitched onto a moon cloth, too.

Today is a waning moonday in Capricorn. We can feel quite ambitious under a Capricorn moon and will get more done if we stay on-point, organized and disciplined. I'm hoping to feel motivated, and not too sentimental, as I declutter a closet that's full to the gills.

Capricorn affects the bones and skin, especially the knees and especially when they've been stressed -- so easy does it.

And have a grand week.




7 comments:

  1. She's beautiful!
    & love the strawberry dotted moon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy! Well, there you go, I didn't even see the strawberry moon until you mentioned it. Subliminal something or other going maybe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the strawberry moon! She has such personality, as does the lady in red. Her daisy holding hands are wonderful. Woad, where did you find it? I love the color of the seed heads. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of stitching the seeds into the moon block.
    I have stitch a few dried herbs in my wool quilts. Herbs for healing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the red lady!!! simply fabulous!
    :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. is THAT what woad looks like?!

    I, too, love your lady. Her spiral breast. Her red luster.

    Happy clutter clearing - there's nothing quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, Marie & Dee -- thanks ladies!

    Kathy, I haven't tried stitching the seeds yet but we'll see.

    Dee, woad is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete