Friday, April 12, 2013

homemade: citrus cleaners & a keyhole garden


Citrus cleaners -- the orange is strained and ready to go while the lemon needs a few more days to infuse. It's new to me, fingers crossed. I followed these instructions

Have you ever seen a keyhole garden? This is a little different from a permaculture-type keyhole garden  (shaped mainly to create more edge) because it's a nearly self-contained system that stands up to weather extremes. I've watched this over and over, many hands make light work comes to mind, and it makes me want to round up some people and go outside to build something.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have yourself some happy weekending. xx 


4 comments:

  1. will be interested to hear how those cleaners work for you. i tried it many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that video was very interesting. Made me want to work as a team too :)
    I thought of the African Proverb:
    "Sticks in a bundle are unbreakable"

    ReplyDelete
  3. My orange peels are steeping in vinegar in the cabinet (I'd been wanting to do this---thanks!). And that keyhole garden film: lovely. I so enjoy watching and listening to the sounds of gardening (more so than doing it myself, I'm afraid; I find it mesmerizing).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanna, I'll keep you posted on how the cleaners work. What I need is a big mess to happen which shouldn't take too long with the dogs and all.

    Nancy, I like that verse, hadn't heard it before and so true, yes?

    Hi Chris, I'm thinking of adding some essential oils to these, but will wait until I try them neat. A few days ago I gardened with a group of people in an herb garden that we maintain for a public garden. It wasn't like this of course but it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete