Friday, December 21, 2012

little cloth balls




Today is Winter Solstice where I live. When I got up this morning at 6:30 it seemed a little lighter outside compared to the last four mornings that I've gotten up at 6:30. Anyway, I know that technically the increasing light won't be noticeable for a while yet, but still. It seemed lighter.

About joy -- the j is a rusty piece for dyeing projects, the berry o has been lying around waiting for something to decorate and the twig y is always on the back of the counter where I can see it. And that is how I made joy today.

And then I made some little cloth balls like on the 15 cotton napkins I bought yesterday at a close-out store. The little balls are a good use for thread ends and pieces of cloth and take probably less than a minute to make. I don't really know why or what I'm making them for, but I just love them so much.

Joy to you. xo


6 comments:

  1. i came here looking for it & here it is....you seem to always be able to find/make joy. happy solstice to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And JOY to you as well! Happy solstice to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the JOY on your wall. So creative. Happy Solstice to you! I made little cloth balls, but they were filled with cat nip for the cat "nieces and nephews". Mom's cat snagged one out of my sister's tote as she was leaving. Roxie wanted more than one toy, I guess. Wishing you a beautiful weekend and holiday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your joy piece ... hope you had a merry solstice.

    Peace to all,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delight......words from foundlings...just fabulous!
    Love the natty fabric balls too.....guess they could be an edging like the felty balls on a braid but a basket full would be fun anywhich ways!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those fabric balls are beautiful. Will you attach them to the serviettes? So festive

    Joy to you too...and Peace on earth.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete