Thursday, July 21, 2011

basil mint ice cream



Basil mint ice cream was made yesterday . . .  


. . . from Genovese basil and peppermint gathered from the garden.


The herbs were infused in whipping cream and sugar . . .


. . . and then strained out. I forgot to take pictures after that because I got a little too excited.


The recipe is based on one from Better Homes & Gardens, May 2006, and I've made it a few times now. Instead of choosing either basil or mint, I use equal amounts of both to reach the total 3/4 cup (or 3/4 oz.) called for. In case you're wondering -- it's heavenly.

5 comments:

  1. Deanna, I'd serve you up if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sooo hot here and that sounds/looks delicious!mmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy & Marie, there'd be enough for you two, too!!

    Quite a heatwave lately...

    ReplyDelete