Wednesday, March 16, 2011

this old project #3

Continuing on the pledge to resolve unfinished projects, this time up is a knitted          angora baby bonnet.

I made this when I was a young mother. For some reason I never blocked it or put the ties on, I don't know why. Maybe because it looks small -- more baby-doll size than my (overdue-every-single-time) real-baby size.


Decades later, I'm happy and lucky to be Nana to a little girl who happens to have baby dolls that will soon have a new bonnet -- so soft with cotton strip ties and little pink buttons.


I found this with it -- the 4 size means size 4 knitting needles. Pretty fancy instructions!

11 comments:

  1. oh so soft and delicate. it looks like angora. i started a shawl last night in angora yarn. i love the little fuzzies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna, it's angora and very soft. Your angora shawl will be epic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man you and Deanna have your hands busy constantly. Caffeine drinkers???? I guess I stay pretty spread out and always doing things compared to some people but everyone else seems to get more done than me. Not a very proficient knitter, just enough to get by, but crochet more. (faster for me)No babies, but love baby clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha. no caffeine for me helen. just green tea and honey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen & Deanna! Too funny -- you're talking about Deanna only regarding getting so much done, Helen -- truth is this little cap was started over 25 years ago, that's how long it takes me to get stuff done! I really wish I knew how to crochet. Someday. And I make myself an espresso first thing every morning! After that, it's usually herbal infusion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I just hope some of my countless wips will look half as pretty in 25 years...;) - Spring sky is on the way, thank you...!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ger, oh I can't wait to get my hands on the spring sky packet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cute. I'm going to make one...I think the directions are enough for me to figure it out. My Grandgirls love dolls and this would be great...and...I just found out I'm going to have another grandchild...grin! That will make 8!

    Shishi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shishi, congratulations -- wow, 8 grands - you are a lucky woman!That's a houseful!

    ReplyDelete