Sunday, November 21, 2010

moonstruck

                           from the garden today: cauliflower, kale, parsley

I walked the dogs and the moon last night. For that little while, I was Harold with a purple crayon, the moon keeping pace, shining through naked tree branches, always right beside us. Smelled chicken soup from someone's house. Tried to name this beauteous moon in Taurus as we walked -- wondered how I could possibly do it justice to be part of the moon quilt -- could it be a circle of silver lamé with a white silk organza overlay and some purple outline stitches (for the crayon)? Yes, maybe I can do right by it.


The time of a full moon is when things get interesting -- when seeds planted begin to sprout, visualizations become actualizations, and wishes come true. This place I find myself in -- this journal -- was a wisp of a thought at the last new moon, barely registering in my brain until I sat at the computer yesterday and the words "woman with wings" flew into an apparently open chakra of mine . . . and now here I am trying to insert a magnified picture of the moon. As you see below, I failed but I tried with enthusiasm!


purple full moon

healing: conditions of the jaws, throat, ears, vocal chords, thyroid gland, and neck are well-treated under the earth sign of Taurus.

harvest: kale, parsley, and cauliflower (parsley is a nice natural diuretic and can also help bring on delayed menses). See recipe below.

pharmacy: strain tinctures/oils begun at the new moon more than 6 weeks ago -- hawthorn berry, serviceberry, lavender, monarda (slathering on lavender oil is my new favorite after-shower activity).

fiber: stitching red stars on "red moon" quilt square

dye pot: infuse silk in frozen red geranium flower bath with a bit of mordant, either vinegar or alum.

reading: Moon Time by Johanna Paungger & Thomas Poppe

feast: pastured chicken breasts, parsley salad, sauteed kale and steamed cauliflower

parsley salad: wash, dry and pinch from stems 2 cups of Italian parsley leaves. Add a handful of mixed salad greens and a few sprigs of mint, oregano, chives, etc., a pinch of salt, a tablespoon of olive oil, and a few teaspoons of lemon juice. Top with fresh parmegiano cheese. (source unknown)

11/23/10: I've made this 2 nights in a row now. It holds up overnight in the fridge very well, if you're lucky enough to have any left over. As long as you're fiddling with parsley, pick a bunch and make this salad!

What does your full moon look like?




No comments:

Post a Comment